Welcome!

I have decided to start blogging to work through some of the day-to-day things in my life. I need a way to get things out so I can process them, and since I am a writer by nature, this seemed to be the best way to do it. So here you will find my ramblings about being a wife, the mother of a teenager with a mental illness, a working woman, and an overeater. Just some things that consume my small world. So here you'll find that little bit of me that you may, or may not know.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

the Bestest Husband!

I think I have the best husband out there! Now ladies, I know you may think your hubby is the best… but you’re wrong. ;) Mine is! Last year was our 10th anniversary and John was unemployed. So we didn’t do much, we did stay at the coast in a friends beach house (as it’d already been paid for before the job loss). But we just stayed in and watched TV and visited for four days. He wants to make it up to me for this year so he just booked our Anniversary combination Birthday weekend! Yay!! Yes, our anniversary isn’t until May and the weekend isn’t until June… but I’m excited! I get to be pampered!!!

We will be stay at McMenamins Grand Lodge in Forest Grove. It’s beautiful. It was built in 1922 as a Masonic & Eastern Star Home and was purchased and remodeled by McMenamins in 2000. We will arrive on Friday evening to enjoy the romance package. Complete with a bottle of sparkling wine, keepsake champagne flutes, massage oils and chocolates! Saturday am we will enjoy a complementary breakfast in one of the two restaurants onsite. Later that afternoon we will each enjoy separate 60-min massages via the spa-package. I also get to have a facial and possibly a pedicure The following morning, Sunday, we will enjoy another complementary breakfast in the restaurant and then head off to some wine touring via the tour and taste package! After wine tasting we will enjoy a complementary dinner with a free glass of wine each. Yum! Only to have to come home Monday morning. :( But alas… I am sure I will find time to take a visit to their soaking pool as well! *sigh* I am excited!!!

Now, if only I can wait six and a half more months.

1 comment:

  1. you are very blessed to have such a kind, caring and thoughtfull husband :0) You will have a great time!

    ReplyDelete